National Urban Development Summit, Aizawl, 9 March 2018
Leveraging Knowledge and Collaborations to Plan an Inclusive, Sustainable & Resilient City
Aizawl is one the cities of Mizoram selected under the Smart Cities Mission. The State Government is taking many initiatives urban renewal which is an important aspect of a ‘Smart City’. Elets Technomedia Pvt Ltd in association with Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation Department, Government of Mizoram is organising the National Urban Development Summit in Aizawl on 9 March 2018 to chalk out the roadmap for further development of the city.The summit will be an excellent platform for all stakeholders to connect and tap the growth opportunities.
- Smart Cities & Swachh Bharat
- Smart Mobility & Transport
- IT & Security
- Smart Energy
- Sustainable Infrastructure & Housing
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affiars, Government of India
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation, Government of India
- Ministry of Road, Transport & Highways, Government of India
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India
- Department of Telecommunications, Government of India
- Municipal Corporations from across India
- Transport Departments from various State Governments
- Housing & Energy Departments from State Governments
- Security Establishments
- International Agencies & Foreign Countries
Opportunities in Northeast
*The Government of India has been taking many initiatives to promote industrialisation in Northeastern Region.
*The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) along with NITI Aayog is redrafting the policy — new North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy (NEIIPP). The revised policy would provide easier access to working capital loans and reimburse insurance premium among other incentives.
*Cabinet has approved capital investment subsidy to industrial units located in Northeastern Region.
*The government has decided to provide the interest subsidy scheme on term loans of 5-10 years maturity taken to finance capital expenditure for setting up or expansion of industrial units
*The Government of India is focussing on promotion of small and medium scale industries in Northeastern States.
*The Ministry for Development of Northeast (DoNER) is encouraging investments through the government agencies as well as private players.
*The Northeast Venture Fund is the first dedicated venture capital fund for Northeastern region. The Ministry of DoNER is offering an additional benefit of providing the initial Venture Capital Fund to any youngster who decides to set up an entrepreneurship in the region.