Gujarat Cooperatives Summit 2015
The cooperative sector in India is the largest in the world and it plays a very important role in employment generation, poverty alleviation and ensuring food security. Post-Independence, cooperatives assumed a great significance in poverty removal and socio-economic growth. They became an integral part of the five-year plans. As a result, they emerged as a distinct segment in the Indian economy. In the First Year Plan, it was specifically stated that the success of the Plan would be judged, among other things, by the extent it was implemented through cooperative organisations. Co-operative movement in India is the result of a deliberate policy of the State and is vigorously pursued through formation of an elaborate governing infrastructure. The successive five-year plans looked upon the co-operation sector as the balancing factor between public sector and private sector.
Gujarat is well known as the home to cooperative societies. It is the first state in India which has over fifty cooperative dairies, and it is the second state which has the largest number of cooperative banks after Maharashtra. Further, this state has shown immense growth in development of farmers through agricultural cooperatives.
Banking, agricultural and dairy cooperatives also changed their style of functioning according to the technological changes. For example, now there is ERP-based supply chain planning system in the dairy cooperatives. In the field of agriculture, services like mobile-based help lines, SMS-based help lines and web portals have been provided to the farmers and traders. Similarly, cooperative banks have changed according to the technology, like mobile banking, ATMs, Smartcard etc.
About the Summit
The Gujarat Co-operatives Summit is all about exchange of ideas. The ambiance and the unique settings of the event will give people time and space to interact and ponder on the concerns and come up with out-of-the-box ideas that will lead to seminal transformation in the area of Co-operative Movement. This one-day forum will bring together key representatives from across the co-operatives of Agriculture, Dairy & Banks. The forum will serve as a unique platform focusing on the development of co-operatives and role of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in the development of these Co-operative societies. This conference will veer around following co-operative bodies:
- Banking Co-operatives
- Agricultural Co-operatives
- Dairy Co-operatives
Why You Must Attend
- Attend high-ranking meetings with the Who’s Who in the sector to strengthen the movement
- Attend sessions where you can hear from and interact with leading personalities in their respective fields
- Get an insight into the broader governance, IT priorities and initiatives
- Build relationships through exclusive network settings
- Ask experts all the questions that you always wanted to
- Get an expert face-to-face opinion on specific issues
- Forge and diversify partnerships with governments, businesses and other organisations
- Capitalize on innovation opportunities and make intelligent, informed IT investment choices
- Revolutionizing of Indian Cooperative Sector
- Challenges & Strategy to Compete with Private & National level Banks
- Technology in Banking and Financial Services – Core Banking Services & Payment Systems
- Physical and Cyber Security and Risk Management in Banking