Nominations are invited from government and non-governmental organisations (NGOs), bi-lateral, multi-lateral developmental organizations, private institutions and enterprises for the eWorld 2012 Awards.
The eWorld 2012 Awards would recognise excellence in adoption of technology in the processes of governance, and also showcasing noteworthy innovations towards this end. To be presented at the eWorld Forum 2012, the awards are aimed at encouraging continued use of technology for solving the problems of governance, and for making government more responsive, effective and citizen oriented.
The eWorld 2012 Awards would recognise excellence in the following fields*
- Best ICT-enabled Agriculture Initiative of the Year
- Best G2C ICT initiative of the Year
- Best G2B Initiative of the Year
- Best G2G Initiative of the Year
- Best ICT-enabled Urban Governance Initiative of the Year
- Best ICT-enabled Rural Development Initiative of the Year
- Best Initiative for Electronic Delivery of Services
- Best Telecentre Initiative of the Year
- Best Government Portal of the Year
- Best Initiative for Localised Application/Content
- Best e-Governance Initiative using New Age Technologies
- Best use of ICT in Public Safety, Security and Disaster Management
- Best Use of ICT in a PSU
- Best e-Governance Channel Partner of the Year
* The Organisers reserve the right to add, change, merge, remove or make any other modifications to the award categories at any time without prior notice
In each category, separate awards would be presented as follows:
eWorld Public Choice Award
- Nominated projects will be screened and put online for the public to vote. Projects receiving the maximum number of votes under each category will receive the eWorld Public Choice Award.
eWorld Jury Choice Award
- Nominations will be screened by an eminent panel of jury members, who will then choose the best project from each category. The selected project will receive the eWorld Jury Choice Award