eMaharashtra State eGovernance Leadership Summit, 27 April 2012
We put the spotlight on Maharashtra and its initiatives and efforts in bringing about a digitally inclusive society, of ICTs playing the harbinger of a silent revolution in obscure towns and villages, of acknowledging the efforts and addressing the challenges, and of bringing all stakeholders with common concerns into one platform, the eMaharashtra platform.
Technology has for long remained the driving force in the urban areas of India. However, the digital divide has been a persistent problem that not only exists between countries, but also within a country. Lack of adequate awareness and limited knowledge has resulted in the creation of pockets of ICT knowledge hubs, restricted to the urban metros.
Our endeavors have consistently been focused on making ICTs more valuable and have delved deeper into finding out ways and means on how ICTs can have an enriching and socially relevant role in society.eMaharashtra attempts to go local through the Regional Summits. Our mandate is to solidify the national efforts of entrenching the constructive use of ICTs across domains.
eMaharashtra Summit shall aim at active knowledge sharing, showcasing of existing e-government initiatives such as e-Education, eGovernance and Municipal IT and many more, in the state, deliberate on the way forward, and seek to provide a platform to exchange ideas and promote capacity building.
eMaharashtra is a key gathering point that offers an opportunity to explore the latest technology initiatives in the state through the dynamic platforms of a conference and expo. You will witness, share experiences of government practitioners, industry, academia and civil society organizations and gain insights into trends and best practices for transforming citizen services using technology in Maharashtra.
The conference will elaborate the latest in technology, in one of the most active states that is poised to be a leader in e-governance in the coming years. With the target of more than 11,000 CSCs, it will be one of the largest spread of common service centers network in the country-connecting government to citizens. The deliberations will highlight the future of technology-led services in the government and private sector is magnanimous in the state. It will open new window of opportunity for IT industry, entrepreneurs, business managers, IT professionals and Channel professionals to explore new avenues in Maharashtra.
- A platform to address regional issues and challenges in the ICT initiatives in Maharashtra
- Explore new avenues for ICT applications in the state
- Highlight regional perspectives and to draw the attention of concerned authorities
- Highlight best practices at the community level and deliberate on ways to replicate the same
- A platform to address urban-rural divide in ICT usage and increase the scope of the same
- To integrate voices into the growing community of ICT in education
- To expand and diversify the multiple stakeholder voices for ICT community
- To spread the message of integration of ICTs in government and involve local and national stakeholders in the deliberations, so as to assimilate their views and ideas in the dialogue process;
- To promote public private partnerships in ICT in development initiatives to address region specific concerns
Heads and senior officials of Government departments, Central & State PSUs, CIOs, IT Directors and Managers, Heads of Information and Communication, Public Administrators, IT Project Directors, Integration and Development Managers, Technical Architects, ICT Services Directors, e-Governance service providers, regulatory authorities, Vice-Chancellors, Principals, Deans, and Registrars, School Principals and Administrators, Teachers and Trainers, Policymakers & Regulators, representatives from International Development Cooperation Agencies and NGOs, IT Managers, CEOs, IT industry and Technology and Service Providers and many more.
An expo has been planned aimed at enabling companies and state governments and departments to showcase the best in breed technologies and projects implementation. Host a prolific range of exhibits featuring innovative ICT based products & solutions in the domain Information Technology and Services
The exhibition will attract corporate, decision-makers in the government bodies and institutes. Running in parallel with the conference would provide a showcase of latest technology and solutions.
- Generate tremendous leads
- Drive brand promotions
- Network with third party vendors, partners & channel
- Maximize visibility